Hypnotherapy for weight loss is becoming increasingly accepted and people all over the world are finding it a beneficial means of maintaining a healthy weight in the long-term.
What happens during hypnosis for weight loss?
- Your hypnotherapist will guide you into a state of deep relaxation.
- Once your body and mind are fully relaxed, your hypnotherapist will be able to access your unconscious mind (the part of us that works all the time but that we’re not necessarily aware of, i.e. innate instincts and survival mechanisms).
- Soothing, carefully worded scripts can be used to explore a client’s reasons for overeating and suggest new ways of thinking through visualization. You have the control to reject any suggestions you don’t feel happy with without any guidance from your hypnotherapist. See below for some of the techniques and visualizations they may use.
Over time – and a series of weight loss hypnotherapy sessions – you will learn how to replace your negative habits and eating patterns with positive ones suggested by your hypnotherapist.
Hypnotherapy for weight loss techniques
While each case is different because everyone has their own reasons for wanting to lose weight, some suggestions you might encounter include:
- Envisioning the body you want or the level of fitness/health you wish to achieve.
- Imagining how you will feel with your new look and health.
- Imagining yourself reaching that goal effortlessly.
- Seeing how much you will have improved from today.
- Imagining how energized and confident you will feel.
- Realizing that the more you exercise, the more you will want to exercise and the easier it will become to do so.
- Whenever you get the urge to eat something unhealthy, or eat when you’re not hungry, imagine not reaching your goal and think about how that will make you feel.
These sessions are designed to empower you so that you can take control of your choices. Hopefully through weight loss hypnosis you will learn to enjoy the taste of healthy food and stop craving sugary, fatty foods. You should also learn to enjoy your body and not see it as a source of anxiety.
By tackling those deep feelings that form the foundations of your eating habits, hypnosis for weight loss can help you adopt a healthier lifestyle and a happier mind set.
You don’t exercise enough
Exercise is just as important as diet when it comes to losing weight. Sometimes mental blocks can stop us wanting to exercise, including:
- Feeling a lack of energy
- Feeling too self-conscious to exercise in public
- Convincing yourself you’ll ‘go tomorrow’ (every day).
Weight loss hypnotherapy can help you break down those mental blocks that are stopping you from making the most of your body. More often than not, getting your body moving and your heart pumping will make you feel better about yourself in general, leading to healthier behaviours and happiness in the long-term.
While it is important for people to lose weight for health reasons if they are overweight, it’s not good to feel ashamed about the need or desire to lose weight. Because body shape and size is so tied in with the western idea of beauty, people are constantly looking for ‘quick fixes’ to cut corners. Weight loss pills, fad diets and gruelling exercise regimes are just some of the ways people try to lose weight. What you have to ask yourself is – am I happy doing this? Can I carry on doing this for the rest of my life?
This is where hypnotherapy for weight loss can help.