Studies involving more than 6,000 people, Professor Steven Reiss has proposed a theory on Basic Desires that found 16 basic desires that guide nearly all human behaviour.
Desire is the emotion of longing or hoping for a person, object, or outcome. The same sense is expressed by words such as “craving”. When a person desires something or someone, their sense of longing is excited by the enjoyment or the thought of the item or person, and they want to take actions to obtain their goal.
The desires are:
- Acceptance, the need for approval
- Curiosity, the need to learn
- Eating, the need for food
- Family, the need to raise children
- Honour, the need to be loyal to the tradition values of one’s clan/ethnic group
- Idealism, the need for social justice
- Independence, the need for individuality
- Order, the need for organized, stable, predictable environments
- Physical activity, the need for exercise
- Power, the need for influence of will
- Romance, intimacy, the need for sex
- Saving, the need to collect
- Social contact, the need for friends (peer relationships)
- Status, the need for social standing / importance
- Tranquility, the need to be safe
- Vengeance, the need to strike back / to win
Please select from the list of Basic Desires the 5 most important ones that control your human behaviour.
Click here to see how to make a Vision Board and Manifest your Life Desires….