Below are some simple sleep hygiene practices that you can use in addition to guided sleep meditation:
* Limit the use of blue-light devices in the last hour before bed, such as cell phones and computers.
* Go to bed at the same time each night and force yourself to get up at the same time each morning.
* Purchase a special light that mimics sunlight to help you wake up at a certain time.
* Use dark blinds to make your room dark if you need to go to bed at odd hours.
* Maintain a cooler temperature in your room for better sleep.
* Minimize sound in your bedroom other than white noise.
* Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water each day.
* Get regular exercise such as walking or practicing yoga.
* Wear comfortable pajamas like cotton that are breathable.
* Keep a gratitude journal before bed.